An Ikeja Chief Magistrates Court has arraigned a 49-year-old man, Femi Ogunbiyi on Tuesday for allegedly brutalising his wife, Folashade.
Ogunbiyi, whose address was not given, was charged with assault by the police.
The Prosecution Counsel, ASP Victor Eruada, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Sept. 26 at 2 p.m. at the Agege area of Lagos State.
He alleged that the defendant punched his wife, Folashade in the left eye and caused her grievous injury.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 173 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge, NAN reports.
In the ruling, the Magistrate, Mrs T.O. Tanimola, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Magistrate Tanimola adjourned the case until Nov. 12 for mention
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Kaduna: NDLEA Wages War Against Drug Traffickers, 121 Arrested, 13 Joints Sealed
- PDP Drags APC, INEC, Omo-Agege, Others To Court
- Tragedy As Hunter’s Son Shoots Brother Dead While Testing Bulletproof Charm Acquired by Their Father
- What God Told Me About 2023 General Election – Fr. Mbake Reveals Vision
- Don’t judge me, mother who ‘Dumped’ Baby On Street Says In Note
News4 days ago
Osun LG Election: Otan-Ile APC Members Protest Imposition Of Chairmanship Candidate By Party Leadership
News4 days ago
Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke As PDP Candidate
News3 days ago
I Wish You Best In Your Adminstration, Babayemi Congratulates Adeleke
News5 days ago
Adeleke Vs Babayemi: Osun Residents Assured Of Safety As Supreme Court Delivers Judgement Today