An Ikeja Chief Magistrates Court has arraigned a 49-year-old man, Femi Ogunbiyi on Tuesday for allegedly brutalising his wife, Folashade.
Ogunbiyi, whose address was not given, was charged with assault by the police.
The Prosecution Counsel, ASP Victor Eruada, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Sept. 26 at 2 p.m. at the Agege area of Lagos State.
He alleged that the defendant punched his wife, Folashade in the left eye and caused her grievous injury.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 173 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge, NAN reports.
In the ruling, the Magistrate, Mrs T.O. Tanimola, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Magistrate Tanimola adjourned the case until Nov. 12 for mention
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars