Residents of obaagun in Ifelodun local government area of Osun State have urged the state government to rehabilitate its township road to save residents from untold hardship.
The president of Obaagun development Union, Barrister Kayode Olowolagba who stated this in a chat with newsmen in Obaagun said the poor state of the road had affected socio economic activities of the community.
Mr Olowolagba expressed disappointment for non inclusion of the road in the recently approved township roads in the state and noted that the road had been in a deplorable state in the last twelve years.
He maintained that the road was significant to economic advancement of the town hence the need for government to urgently come to the aid of the community.
Also speaking, another resident, Prince Lukuman Atobatele said the town had not tasted dividends of democracy and called on governor Gboyega Oyetola to give obaagun township road top priority in the interest of fairness and justice.
Prince Atobatele lamented that obaagun had suffered neglect in the past years as the community lack some basic amenities of life.
He urged government to always embark on programmes and policies that have direct impact on the lives of the citizenry.
- Bowen University VC Advocates Collaboration Among Nigerian Universities To Achieve Success In Research
- Blackmail no longer fashionable in politics – Adamawa Rep member
- Alex Saab Case – UN Report Makes Cape Verde’s Position Unsustainable And Indefensible
- #FreeAlexSaab: UN Special Rapporteur Berates Spate Of Human Rights Violation In Venezuela, Calls For Lift Of Blockade
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate To Become Compulsory For Travel – FG
News5 days ago
Drama As Herbalist Escorts Sowore To Court
News4 days ago
Chief Imam Offa, MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Oranmiyan DG, Associate Editor Of The Nation, Others Storm Ilorin For Olateju Birthday Celebration
News3 days ago
#EndSARS Protesters Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu
Crime3 days ago
Fake NSCDC Officer Bags 7 Years Imprisonment