By Segun Ojo, Ilesa
A former Osun State Governor and Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola has faulted the Nigeria 1999 Constitution for not specifying the position and duty between the president,vice president, governor and deputy governor.
He narrated this while featuring on a programme on unique fm and freedom tv,ilesa. Saying the constitution doesn’t out list duty of office between governor and the deputy,that the deputy only act according to duty deligated by the Governor.
Stressing that this lapses from the constitution has always created mayhem between past and present democratic government.
He said,this has been the cause of mayhem between Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Chief Akintola, Chief Bola Ige and Chief S.M Afolabi,Chief Adebisi Akande and Dr. Omisoro,Omoboriowo and Adekunle Ajasin ,Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kofoworola respectively.
“There is no specific roles stipulated in the constitution for the Deputy Governor.
“When I was the Governor I assigned my Deputy, Erelu Olusola Obada to be in the charge of the Local government related matters.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
GAFDAN Demands Return Of Sarkin Fulani To Oyo
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab