Following the violent clash between the factions of the Ondo State chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers on Tuesday morning, the state government has announced the indefinite suspension of all activities of the union across the state.
The Senior Special Assistant to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu on Special Duties and Strategy, Dr Doyin Odebowale, also ordered the NURTW members to immediately vacate all motor parks across the state.
The government described the clash as unruly and uncultured behaviour of the union leaders which resulted in violent attacks on members and innocent citizens.
The government, however, said the indefinite suspension did not affect Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria who comported themselves in a peaceful manner.
- Beware Of Thieves, FG Issues Travel Advice To Nigerians Travelling To US, Europe
- ‘The State Of The Virtuous’ Stands, Osun Assembly Tells Adeleke
- Kidnapping: Oyo Amotekun Recovers 4 AK Rifles, Military Camouflages, Ammunition, Others
- Opinion: Oluwo And His Celebration of Knowledge
- LG Election: We Won’t Appeal Judgment OSIEC Says As Commission Withdraws Certificates Of Return From Councillors
News2 days ago
IDF Congratulates Apetumodu On His Elevation As Deputy Chairman, Osun Traditional Council
News4 days ago
UK University Workers Begin Strike Over Pay
News3 days ago
Osun Deputy Gov Urges Indigenes In Diaspora To Invest, Establish Business In Their Hometowns
News3 days ago
Breaking: Court Declares Osun LG Election Illegal