Gunmen abduct Chairman of Okrika Local Government Area of Rivers State
Philemon Kingoli, the Chairman of Okrika Local Government Area of Rivers State was kidnapped on Wednesday by unknown gunmen.
Kingoli was whisked away in the early hours of Wednesday along the Peter Odili Road in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of the State.
The circumstances leading to his kidnap could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report.
Meanwhile, his abductors are yet to contact his family or demand ransom for his release.
Rivers State police spokesman, Nnamdi Omoni, while confirming Kingoli’s kidnap on Thursday, said, efforts are ongoing to rescue the chairman from his abductors.
“There is no contact yet from the kidnappers but we are out to ensure that the man is released timely and unhurt.
“The Commissioner of Police, Friday Eboka, has directed all the tactical commanders to move in immediately to ensure his release,” Omoni said.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead