The death toll in Monday’s collapsed building in Ikoyi, Lagos rose to 42 on Saturday even as the survivors also increased from nine to 15.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu disclosed this while giving an update on the incident.
This is just as the Governor of Nassarawa State, Abdullahi Sule, and the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, visited the scene.
Sanwo-Olu, while giving the update on the search and rescue operation at the scene, said additional six people were rescued and had started receiving treatment at the Police Hospital in Falomo, Ikoyi.
The latest survivors are a 38-year-old woman, Glory Samson; Ndajor Ahmed, Yunusa Abubakar, Ajiboye Habib, Jeremiah Samson, and one man identified as Emem.
While most of them sustained varying degrees of injury, Samson, 20, is said to be in a coma.
Sanwo-Olu said 49 families had filled the missing persons’ register as of Saturday morning.
- Car Wash Operators Decry Activities Of Mining Expatriates On Osun Stream
- ‘They Want To Harm Me’, Sibling Of Slain OAU Master’s Student Raises Alarm
- Just In: Three killed As Robbers Raid Bank In Aramoko Ekiti
- Federal Lawmaker, Ayeni Distributes 1, 200 Bags Of Fertilizer, Sprayers To Farmers In Osun
- NYSC Tasks Corps Members on Teamwork, Patriotism
News5 days ago
Osun Journalist Attacked By Hoodlum Cries Out, Says His Life Is In Danger
News4 days ago
Entrepreneurship Skill Acquisition, Panacea To Unemployment In Nigeria, Amb Farounbi
News4 days ago
Akirun Obaship Tussle: Court Restrains Osun Govt From Accepting Obaara, Adedeji Ruling Houses’ Nomination
Education5 days ago
OSPOLY Releases Admission List For 2021/2022 Academic Session