Oyo State Security Outfit codenamed ‘Operation Burst’ has successfully arrested a female spiritualist and her criminal gang members in Akanran village, Oyo state.
The two are said to have terrorised the community before they were captured.
It was gathered that the suspects were apprehended by men of Operation Burst in an uncompleted building around Olode area of Amuloko on Sunday, June 6.
Investigation revealed that the female suspect provided charms to the gang to carry out their criminal activities.
It was further gathered that their arrest came weeks after men of Operation Burst, Vigilante Group of Nigeria, VGN, and others began to track them.
The suspects have been handed over to the divisional police headquarters at Akanran, by the Operation Burst team headed by Lieutenant John.
“They were arrested in an uncompleted house. On many occasions, the security men tried in vain because they went with their vehicles and on sighting them, they will flee. This time, they changed tactics and came with private cars and in plain clothes,” a police source told Oyo Insight.
“They usually wait for evening to operate. They wait for their would-be victims, stop them and dispossess them of their valuables. The security men had to swung into action before night falls. And to God be the glory, they were arrested. We pray they are made to face the law,” the source added.
Meanwhile, residents of the area told Oyo Insight that the woman threatened to deal with them for exposing her.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack