Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth and Sports, Aremo Gboyega Adelabu has reassured that the ongoing Sports Festival has been living up to its billing in discovering young, budding talents for the state.
Speaking with Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) at the Fakunle Grammar School Osogbo, venue of indoor games, Aremo Adelabu gave a thumb-up for local governments that presented young athletes who can be nurtured to stardom.
“I am happy with what I saw here today with the presence of teenagers who are competing with older ones. I must give kudos to local governments who presented these young ones despite the fact that there are older athletes from some local governments.
“You see, this competition is to identify young, raw talents who can be nurtured and with these set of athletes, the future of Osun in these games is bright.”
Speaking on the plans for these young ones, Aremo Adelabu said “apart from the financial reward, we will employ majority of them as our contract staff with the Sports Council and monitor their progress because these are the athletes that will be trained to represent Osun at the National Sports Festival and the National Youth Games.”
- 2023: Emir Lauds Jack-Rich’s humanitarian Strides In Bauchi, Urges Politicians To Play Politics With Decorum
- Police Nab Ogun Teacher For Defiling 13-year-old Pupil
- 2023: Osun NNPP Disowns Ajadi, Says He Has No Name In The Party’s Register
- ‘I’m In This Race To The End’-House Of Rep Aspirant, Olateju Denies Stepping Down
- Electoral Body, INEC Deploys 10,269 Electoral Officers For Ekiti Governorship Election