President Muhammadu Buhari’s official driver, Sa’idu Afaka is dead.
He passed away at the State House Clinic on Tuesday after a prolonged illness.
Buhari has extended his condolences to the family of Afaka, a Master Warrant Officer,
The President, in a statement by Garba Shehu, his spokesman, also condoled with the government and people of Kaduna State.
Buhari described the late Afaka as an honest, capable and reliable person who handled his job with utmost care and responsibility.
He recalled that in 2016 the soldier, while on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, picked up a bag containing a large amount of foreign currencies and turned it over to the National Hajj Commission.
The action earned Afaka praises from the Saudi and Nigerian authorities.
Buhari prayed the Almighty Allah to ‘”bless the soul of the departed with an elevated place in heavens,”.
The Nigerian leader also wished the family and friends divine comfort.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead