Two athletes participating in the 2021 National Sports Festival have tested positive for coronavirus.
The Chairman, Local Organising Committee for the festival, Mr Philip Shaibu, made this known in an interview with newsmen in Benin on Saturday.
It was earlier reported that Oyo and Taraba states failed the screening and have been disqualified.
Shaibu, who is the States Deputy Governor, said the two athletes tested ppositivefor COVID-19 after the instant PCR test on arrival.
He said the athletes have been taken to the Stella Obasanjo Hospital Isolation Centre.
He said, “The contingents of Oyo and Taraba stand disqualified from the 20th NSF unless the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 gives a counter directive as both states failed to meet with the COVID-19 guidelines of the games.
“We have to be strick with the guidelines so as not to use the games as an avenue to spread COVID-19 in the state, which has already been flattened.
“Even if the PTF gives approval for both states to be admitted, the teams have to go through strict COVID-19 screening and testing before they will be allowed into camp.”
- Eid-el Fitri: Rep Bamidele Salam Rejoices With Muslims, Urges Adherence To Sunnah Of Prophet
- Osun NUJ Greets Muslims At Eid, Urges Journalists To Promote Religious Tolerance
- Eid-il-fitri: Osun LG Commissioner Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Uphold Lessons Of Ramadan
- Sallah: Osun Political Affairs Commissioner, Akeju Felicitates Muslims, Urges National Peace
- RUGIPO Management Denies Asset Sharing Allegations
News5 days ago
Afe Babalola Dares Presidency, Goes Ahead With Plan To Organise National Confab Despite FG Warning
News5 days ago
Iwo/Ile Ogbo Communal Clash: How Palace Guard Killed Policeman
News3 days ago
God Will Not Forgive Buhari – Aare Gani Adams
News4 days ago
You’re A Blessing To Yoruba Race, Aremo Felicitates Asiwaju Tunde Badmus At 75