A man identified as Usman Salakani was crushed to death by a trailer in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.
The incident occurred at about 10.15 a.m around the Post Office area of the state capital.
Spokesman of the Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Babawale Afolabi, confirmed the incident.
He said the victim, also a driver, was crushed while trying to get money from the driver of the truck.
According to his account, “the incident occurred in the Post Office area around 10.15 hours on Thursday.
“The victim was reported to also be a driver and was trying to collect money from the truck driver when his foot slipped off and was subsequently crushed to death by the rear tire of the truck,” he added.
Babawale said the NSCDC’s crisis management department and Kwara State Transport Management Authority, KWATMA, later evacuated the remains of the victim from the scene of the accident.
The driver of the truck, who escaped from the scene of the accident, was trailed to Tanke area of Ilorin, where he was almost lynched.
The Police have taken over the matter.
- Senate Bill Proposes To Empower Nigeria Customs Service To Carry Out Electronic Transactions
- Banditry: Fresh Emissary Visits Bandits’ Warlord, Turji in Zamfara
- Sylvester Oromoni: Concerned Women Stage Protest In Front Of Dowen College
- Policemen Grumble As Finance Ministry Delays November Salary
- “Igbos In SE Prefer Political Appointments To Infrastructural Development, But President Buhari Does Not Understand That” – Chris Ngige, Minister Of Labour