Fugitive Faisal Maina, son of Abdulrasheed Maina, has fled to the United States of America (USA), the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said today.
The EFCC’s lawyer, Mohammed Abubakar told Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
Abubakar that Faisal sneaked to the USA through the Republic of Niger.
Earlier Justice Abang, in a committal proceeding ruling, ordered Faisal’s surety, Sani Dan-Galadima to forfeit a property used as a bail bond.
Dan-Galadima, is a member of the House of Representatives, from Kaura-Namoda Federal Constituency of Zamfara.
Faisal was granted a N60 million bail with a surety in the like sum, who must be a serving member of the House of Representatives.
He and the father are facing several cases of money laundering.
Abdulrasheed Maina was Chairman of the defunct Presidential Pension Reformed Task Team (PPRTT).
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News4 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News2 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community