The President of Argentina, Alberto Fernandez has announced that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Fernandez who was vaccinated against COVID-19 earlier in the year disclosed this in a tweet on Friday night.
He received a jab of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine in January 2021.
The President however said that he had a light fever, but was in good spirits.
“At the end of today, after presenting a fever of 37.3 (99 Fahrenheit) and a slight headache, I performed an antigen test, which was positive.
“Although I would have liked to end my birthday without this news, I am also in good spirits.
“We must be very vigilant. I ask everyone to take care of themselves by following the current recommendations. It is evident the pandemic did not pass and we must continue to take care of ourselves,” Fernandez tweeted
Argentina was the third country in the world to approve the Sputnik V jabs after Russia and Belarus and it began administering doses in December 2020.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
GAFDAN Demands Return Of Sarkin Fulani To Oyo
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab