President Alberto Fernandez of Argentina has tested positive for COVID-19 despite being vaccinated against the virus.
The president announced his status in a tweet after having a fever of 37.3 and mild headache.
“The antigen test I had today after having a fever of 37.3 and mild headache resulted positive,” Fernandez said
He said he has gone under quarantine even before the result was known.
He added that people he came into contact with in the last 48 hours have been notified.
Fernandez said his condition was good even though he received the news on his birthday.
The 62-year-old president received his first dose of the Russian Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine on Jan. 21.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors