The National Youth Service has officially started administering Covid-19 vaccine to corps members across the country.
In an announcement on Monday, the NYSC Director-General, Brig Gen Shuaibu Ibrahim, stated that the administration of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is currently ongoing at the NYSC secretariats nationwide.
During the pre-orientation briefing to the Batch A Stream One corps members, the NYSC had asked them to register for the COVID-19 test on its portal and to present their slips to their camp for the vaccine collection.
The Monday announcement has confirmed that the vaccination had finally begun.
“In line with Management’s directive, adequate arrangement was made with the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency for the successful administration of COVID-19 vaccine on corps members. The exercise is successfully ongoing at the NYSC Secretariats in the country. Members of staff were also not left behind.
“We sincerely appreciate the Presidential Steering Committee, National Primary Health Care Development Agency for the concern for the welfare of corps members,” the DG had said.
The NYSC DG also announced that the members of staff will also have the vaccine administered to them, alongside the corps members.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors