Ten people have been reportedly burnt alive, several others killed while seven women were said to have been kidnapped by bandits during an attack in the Kachiwe community in Sarkin Pawa Ward of Munya Local Government Area of Niger state during the week.
The Secretary of Munya the Local Government Area, James Jagaba narrated the ordeal which he described as ‘an ugly incident’.
He said, “The bandits set all the houses ablaze, burnt ten people alive, abducted ten women and slaughtered the others. On their way after carrying out their heinous act, they met two people whose vehicle broke down, they stopped and killed those two people then burnt down their vehicle. In the process, three of the abducted women escaped and the bandits went with the other seven women.
“The whole community was wiped out by the bandits, nobody survived. We got to know about how they carried out the activities from the women who escaped and are still in shock.”
The Secretary added that the bandits moved to Shapè village under the Sarki Pawa ward and slaughtered nine people while others in the community took to their heels adding that they also killed seven people in the Gogope ward.
- IPOB: Nigeria Army Repels Attacks On Communities
- Police Arrest Minor, Arraign Others Over Alleged Secret Cult Activities In Osun
- Kwara to hosts women’s conference on Tuesday, Aisha Buhari, UN envoy, Sarah Alade, Awosika, others to partake
- “Stop deceiving yourself” – Osun APC admonishes PDP
- Osun Assembly Adopts Finance/Appropriation Reports On 2022 Budget