The Joint Task Force against COVID-19, set up by the Osun State Government, on Tuesday, apprehended some residents of the state for flouting the pandemic’s safety protocols.
The arrested non-adherents were made to attend compulsory safety course as parts of their punishments for going against measures laid down by the National Disease Control Centre to contain the pandemic in the state.
These developments are part of the continuing efforts of the state government to contain the spread of COVID-19, The Point gathered.
The joint task force also noted that the state government had commenced enforcements of safety protocols across the state.
The Joint Task Force noted that the purpose of the safety course was to enlighten the non-adherents on the reality of the pandemic and the necessary safety precautions that should be ensured to forestall its further spread.
- AbdulRazaq Swears In New Perm Secs, Harps On Prudence, Team Work
- Protest As 26-Year-Old Man Dies From Broken Bottles Mounted By Policeman In Ogun
- Just In: Ortom Escapes, As Wife, SSG, HoS, Hit By Coronavirus
- Police Arrest Ebonyi NUJ Chairman, Tony Nwizi
- Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years
Crime3 days ago
Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
News1 day ago
‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
South West News3 days ago
Court Orders dethronement Of Osun Monarch
News4 days ago
Osun SSG, Ten Others Test Positive For Covid-19