The Senator representing Ogun Central in the Senate, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has thrown his weight behind the creation of state police by states in the federation.
He gave this submission on a motion today on the urgent need to restructure, review, and reorganise Nigeria’s current security architecture on the floor of the Upper Chamber.
Amosun argued that “the benefits of establishing state police overweighed its demerits.”
Read Also: Corps Member Robbed And Killed In Osogbo
He said, “Each and every state should be allowed to have their own police. We can have federal police as well as we have state police. What we stand to benefit by having governors to be in charge of their security is far more.”
- Police Arraign 3 Men For Allegedly Stealing She-Goat
- Why Nigerian Youth Remains unemployed – Pantami
- How Husband Killed Her 29-Year-Old Wife For Coming Home Late
- 2023: Ask Politicians Critical Questions Before Making Choices’, Cleric charges Nigerians
- BREAKING: Police Rescue Three Abuja Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms