A gang of monkeys attacked a laboratory assistant and escaped with a batch of coronavirus test samples, it has been reported.
The bizarre incident saw the troop of primates launch their assault near Meerut Medical College in Delhi, India.
According to local media, the animals then snatched COVID-19 test samples from three patients and fled.
One of the monkeys was later spotted in a tree chewing one of the sample collection kits, the Times of India reported – adding that test samples from the patients had to be taken again.
It is the latest example of the highly intelligent, red-faced rhesus macaques taking advantage of India’s nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus.
While they have proved an increasing problem in urban areas of the country in recent years, lockdown measures in the last two months have emboldened the monkeys.
Reports have shown them congregating in parts of Delhi normally crowded with humans.
- Wife of Akeredolu’s Chief of Staff kidnapped in Ondo regains freedom
- How My Father’s Killers Captured Him In Toilet After Heavy Gunshots – Son Of Assassinated Nasarawa APC Chair
- 2nd Anniversary: Osun AGF Hails Gov Oyetola Over Improved Workers’ Welfare, Pledges Unflinching Support
- Anniversary: Wole Oke Hails Oyetola For Reversing Aregbesola’s Education Policy
- One Dies In Onitsha Multiple Accident
News4 days ago
17-year-old Girl Who Got A1 In All Subjects In WAEC Is Dead
Crime3 days ago
Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Attending Family Function
News3 days ago
Breaking! 10th Anniversary: Osun APC NASS Members Cancel Public Lecture
News2 days ago
10th Anniversary: You’re Trying To ‘Relaunch A Dead Political Career’, Aregbesola Blasts Oyinlola