A gang of monkeys attacked a laboratory assistant and escaped with a batch of coronavirus test samples, it has been reported.
The bizarre incident saw the troop of primates launch their assault near Meerut Medical College in Delhi, India.
According to local media, the animals then snatched COVID-19 test samples from three patients and fled.
One of the monkeys was later spotted in a tree chewing one of the sample collection kits, the Times of India reported – adding that test samples from the patients had to be taken again.
It is the latest example of the highly intelligent, red-faced rhesus macaques taking advantage of India’s nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus.
While they have proved an increasing problem in urban areas of the country in recent years, lockdown measures in the last two months have emboldened the monkeys.
Reports have shown them congregating in parts of Delhi normally crowded with humans.
- AbdulRazaq Swears In New Perm Secs, Harps On Prudence, Team Work
- Protest As 26-Year-Old Man Dies From Broken Bottles Mounted By Policeman In Ogun
- Just In: Ortom Escapes, As Wife, SSG, HoS, Hit By Coronavirus
- Police Arrest Ebonyi NUJ Chairman, Tony Nwizi
- Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years
Crime3 days ago
Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
News1 day ago
‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
South West News3 days ago
Court Orders dethronement Of Osun Monarch
News4 days ago
Osun SSG, Ten Others Test Positive For Covid-19