Nigeria has identified 18 council areas as the hotspots of the coronavirus and government is determined to put them under what it called ‘precision lockdown’.
Government secretary and chairman of the COVID-19 PTF, Boss Mustapha said the 18 council areas account for 60% of COVID-19 cases in Nigeria.
As super spreaders, the councils must be locked down to contain the spread of the pandemic in the country, Mustapha said.
Mustapha spoke after his committee briefed President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday on the status of the fight against COVID-19.
He said the precision lockdown would be implemented by the government of the states where the 18 local governments are.
According to the SGF Nigeria has not reached its peak and with 39 molecular labs, the number of infections will continue to rise.
He asked all local authorities including religious and traditional leaders to ensure compliance with non-pharmaceutical interventions.
- Wife of Akeredolu’s Chief of Staff kidnapped in Ondo regains freedom
- How My Father’s Killers Captured Him In Toilet After Heavy Gunshots – Son Of Assassinated Nasarawa APC Chair
- 2nd Anniversary: Osun AGF Hails Gov Oyetola Over Improved Workers’ Welfare, Pledges Unflinching Support
- Anniversary: Wole Oke Hails Oyetola For Reversing Aregbesola’s Education Policy
- One Dies In Onitsha Multiple Accident
News4 days ago
17-year-old Girl Who Got A1 In All Subjects In WAEC Is Dead
Crime3 days ago
Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death For Attending Family Function
News2 days ago
10th Anniversary: You’re Trying To ‘Relaunch A Dead Political Career’, Aregbesola Blasts Oyinlola
News3 days ago
Breaking! 10th Anniversary: Osun APC NASS Members Cancel Public Lecture