Residents of Finima, Bonny Island and environs, Rivers state have ignored warning from experts to butcher a large Basilosaurus whale that washed ashore.
This comes barely two weeks after a swarm of dead croakers washed ashore from the banks of the Atlantic Ocean.
As it were with the dead croakers which found their way into the pots of soups of fishermen and unsuspecting consumers who bought from markets in defiance of Rivers Government warning against it consumption, some residents on discovering the strange sea animal on Friday have been chopping off its tissues from the whale for consumption and selling it to unsuspecting buyers.
In early video footage on the fate of the stranded sea animal, residents feasting on it identified it as a “wild whale”, but the strange mammal identified as a Basilosaurus was seen wiggling parts of its body like a larger than life octopus.
According to Wikipedia, Basilosaurus is a genus of large, predatory, prehistoric archaeocete whale from the late Eocene, approximately 41.3 to 33.9 million years ago. First described in 1834, it was the first archaeocete and prehistoric whale known to science.
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh