Mr Olayiwola Adeleke, the Chairman of Iganna Local Council Development Area of Oyo State, has been reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen.
Adeleke was said to be travelling along the Okeho-Ado Awaye road on his way to Ibadan for a meeting scheduled to hold with Governor Seyi Makinde when the gunmen abducted him alongside with his driver on Sunday night.
The Oyo State Command Police Public Relations Officer, Olugbenga Fadeyi, who confirmed the incident on Monday said, “Information reaching me reveals that he was kidnapped along the Ado Awaye-Iseyin Road.”
“Efforts are being intensified to get him released and arrest the culprits.”
PUNCH reports that Mr Rotimi Olumo, the Chairman, Oodua Peoples Congress in Oyo State, when contacted, said the council chairman was kidnapped along Iseyi-Okeho area.
According to Olumo, “I have called my people and they said they have started combing the forests in the area in search of him.”
Details of the incident are still sketchy as of the time of filing this report.
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh