The Lagos State House of Assembly on Thursday passed into law a bill for a law to combat and stop the spread of Coronavirus pandemic in the state.
The bill, which has 25 sections in all, is titled, “A Bill for a Law to Combat and Stop the Spread of Corona Virus Pandemic in Lagos State and for Connected Purposes”.
The lawmakers, before embarking on a two-hour recess, had taken the first and second readings of the bill, after which they committed it to the Committee on Health Services of the House for further work and deliberations.
After passing the bill into law, the Speaker, Rt.Hon. Mudashiru Obasa directed the Clerk of the House, Mr. Azeez Sanni to prepare and send a clean copy of the bill to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for his assent.
Source: The Nation
- Breaking: Another Two Coronavirus Patients Recover In Lagos, Discharged
- Lifeless Body Found In Osun River
- Coronavirus: NYC Distributes Sanitizers, Other Relief Items Across Nigeria
- Video: Funke Akindele, Husband Plead Guilty For Breaching Lockdown Rules
- Outrage Over Government’s Move To Invite Chinese Doctors
News2 days ago
Breaking: Osun Govt Confirms Missing Coronavirus ‘Patient’ From Isolation Centre
News4 days ago
Ooni Engages Oro Deities To Cleanse Nigeria Of Coronavirus
News3 days ago
COVID-19 Lockdown: LG Parliamentarian, Owoade Distributes Food, Cash Gifts To Constituents
News5 days ago
COVID-19 Lock-Down: Success Ogunkolade Distributes Food Items, Hand Sanitisers To Widow In Osun East