A leading socio-cultural Group, Tiwa N Tiwa L’Osun has pleaded with protestors not to resort to vandalism of government and private properties as it portends great danger to the economy of Osun.
In a statement issued in Osogbo this morning and made available to the media, the Group expressed worry at the turn of events in the last 24hrs in the state.
“While we sympathise with Nigerians on our collective yearning for better governance, we appeal that we should go about our protests in the most civil way. Public properties are our collective properties. Governments will come and go. Government properties will not go anywhere. Let us not destroy our properties.
JUST AS OUR GENERATION IS QUESTIONING THE ROLES OF OUR PAST AND CURRENT LEADERS, we too will explain the roles we play today to the next generation.
Again, owners of private businesses are also victims of many of years of bad governance just like you. If you destroy their businesses, you will be adding to their agonies. You will also be guilty like the government you fight.
Let us stop the vandalism, PLEASE!!!
*TIWANTIWA L’OSUN, KO GBODO BAJE!!!*
- Man Dies Mysteriously After Stabbing Co-tenant To Death In Osun
- Aregbesola Bags Anglican Church Episcopal Ecumenical Award In Osun
- Osun Communities Renounce Female Circumcision As UNICEF, NOA Take Campaign Against FGM To Rural Areas
- Just In:Imo Bye-election- Court Sacks Senator Ifeanyi Ararume As APC Candidate
- Police Assure Osun Residents Of Adequate Security During Yuletide
News5 days ago
Osun: Village Head Docked Over Alleged Impersonation
Crime5 days ago
2 Osun High Court Staff Arraigned For Stealing
News3 days ago
Philanthropist Petitions IG Over Monarch’s Alleged Involvement In Destruction Of Perimeter Fence Of Land In Ileogbo
News4 days ago
Boko Haram Leader Gives Reason For Massacre Of Rice Farmers