By Steve Oni, Ilorin
Security agencies have been deployed in the Ilorin Cargo Terminal to foil the attack by some hoodlums on the stores housing the palliatives recently donated by the federal government to the state.
The government had earlier called the attention of the security agencies to intelligence reports that some anarchists, backed by partisan interests, had plotted to break into the cargo terminal to cart away palliatives meant for victims of recent flood and rainstorm disasters in the state.
The hoodlums invaded the place as officials continued the distribution of the palliatives meant for the victims.
The government had traced the attacks on premeditated efforts to cause a total break down of law and order across the country, including Kwara State.
The security agencies are currently struggling to contain the arsonists and hoodlums as at the time of filing this report.
- Man Dies Mysteriously After Stabbing Co-tenant To Death In Osun
- Aregbesola Bags Anglican Church Episcopal Ecumenical Award In Osun
- Osun Communities Renounce Female Circumcision As UNICEF, NOA Take Campaign Against FGM To Rural Areas
- Just In:Imo Bye-election- Court Sacks Senator Ifeanyi Ararume As APC Candidate
- Police Assure Osun Residents Of Adequate Security During Yuletide
News5 days ago
Osun: Village Head Docked Over Alleged Impersonation
Crime5 days ago
2 Osun High Court Staff Arraigned For Stealing
News3 days ago
Philanthropist Petitions IG Over Monarch’s Alleged Involvement In Destruction Of Perimeter Fence Of Land In Ileogbo
News4 days ago
Boko Haram Leader Gives Reason For Massacre Of Rice Farmers