Suspected Ibadan serial killer, Sunday Shodipe, has been rearrested by operatives of the Oyo State Police Command.
The command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed this development to newsmen in Ibadan on Sunday.
“The suspect has been rearrested and is currently in police custody,” he said.
Shodipe, 19, who is suspected to have killed over five persons at Akinyele Local Government Area of the state, escaped from the Mokola police station on Tuesday, August 11.
This prompted a wave of protests against the police, but the Commissioner of Police, Nwachukwu Enwonwu, had assured that everything had been put in place to ensure the rearrest of the suspect.
Last Thursday, a N500,000 bounty was placed on Shodipe’s head by the police.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab
News4 days ago
Gunmen Kidnap Soldier, Teacher, Dental Therapist In Ibadan