By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
Angry residents of Osun State in Ede Town , Ede North Local Government Area, on Friday broke into a werehouse and carted away COVID-19 Palliatives meant for residents.
The raw food item comprising beans, noodles, sugar, salt, garri, rice, pastas among others, were allegedly meant to be distributed to the masses during the heat of COVID-19 pandemic.
The food items were packed inside large bags with COVID-19 palliative boldly inscribed on them.
CityMirrorNews gathered that the residents stormed the warehouse located within the moribund Cocoa Ceramic Industry, Ede and looted the warehouse from Friday morning till afternoon.
Speaking to CityMirrorNews, a resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “We thank God for this discovery. Could you imagine these politicians hiding these food items meant for distribution to the poor masses during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Man Dies Mysteriously After Stabbing Co-tenant To Death In Osun
- Aregbesola Bags Anglican Church Episcopal Ecumenical Award In Osun
- Osun Communities Renounce Female Circumcision As UNICEF, NOA Take Campaign Against FGM To Rural Areas
- Just In:Imo Bye-election- Court Sacks Senator Ifeanyi Ararume As APC Candidate
- Police Assure Osun Residents Of Adequate Security During Yuletide
News5 days ago
Osun: Village Head Docked Over Alleged Impersonation
Crime5 days ago
2 Osun High Court Staff Arraigned For Stealing
News3 days ago
Philanthropist Petitions IG Over Monarch’s Alleged Involvement In Destruction Of Perimeter Fence Of Land In Ileogbo
News4 days ago
Boko Haram Leader Gives Reason For Massacre Of Rice Farmers