The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Sunday, moved into Ile Mole, Iremo Quarters, Ile-Ife.
He will be secluded there for seven days as the ancient Olojo Festival kicks off.
The traditional ruler will be incommunicado and will not grant audience to anyone.
CityMirrorNews reports that Ogunwusi left the palace in a white attire laced with colourful ancient beads.
The monarch disclosed that he will use the period to contact God for a total eradication of coronavirus and Nigeria’s peace.
“I am going into seclusion; I am going into fasting and prayer in the ways of our ancestors. We are gradually winning the war against coronavirus and we must indeed be thankful because we are not superior to those countries being crippled by this pandemic.
“After the seven-day seclusion, there follows the climax of it, which is the procession of the sacred Aare crown with which, we will pray for the entire nation and humanity”, the Ojaja II said.
- Lekki Shooting: I Am Heartbroken, Buhari Must Address Nigerians Now – Atiku
- Hoodlums Set The Nation Newspaper Office On Fire
- Nigerian Baptist Convention Tell Youths What to do During the #EndSARS Protest
- Attack On OSBC: Osun NUJ Threatens To Order Its Members To Stay At Home, If Their Safety Could No Longer Guarantee
- EndSARS: Act Now Before It Is Too Late, Obasanjo Tells Buhari
News2 days ago
Hunters Take Charge, Storm EndSARS Protest Ground In Osogbo To Prevent Thugs’ Infiltration
News5 days ago
Updated: Tension In Osogbo As Thugs Attack Gov Oyetola While Addressing EndSARS Protesters, 2 Reportedly Died (Photos)
News3 days ago
Breaking: Protesters Break Benin Prisons, Free Inmates
News4 days ago
Osun: Obokun /Oriade PDP leaders Fault Sunday Bisi’s Appointment, Threaten To Support Adagunodo’ Legal Redress