The immediate past Speaker of the Edo Assembly, Alhaji Kabiru Adjoto, has resigned his membership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.
Adjoto, who made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Benin, said that he took the decision after deeply consulting with his conscience, family, friends and his teeming supporters.
He said resignation was also in line with Article 9.5(i) of the APC constitution.
He noted that the decision was nostalgically clothed with apparel of mixed feelings as it translated to leaving the party he had contributed to build for more than a decade.
He, however, said that the necessity of his decision to resign was firmly hinged on the interest of his supporters and Edo people in general, saying “my resignation takes immediate effect”.
- AbdulRazaq Swears In New Perm Secs, Harps On Prudence, Team Work
- Protest As 26-Year-Old Man Dies From Broken Bottles Mounted By Policeman In Ogun
- Just In: Ortom Escapes, As Wife, SSG, HoS, Hit By Coronavirus
- Police Arrest Ebonyi NUJ Chairman, Tony Nwizi
- Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years
Crime3 days ago
Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
News1 day ago
‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
South West News3 days ago
Court Orders dethronement Of Osun Monarch
News4 days ago
Osun SSG, Ten Others Test Positive For Covid-19