The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, has disclosed how Nigeria can solve problem of electricity.
Kyari speaking at a media interactive session with National Association of Energy Correspondents in Abuja, on Friday, said gas will help the country out of its major challenge of electricity.
He revealed that NNPC’s new focus is on gas development as the most resilient source of energy in the energy transition process.
Kyari said: “The only oil and gas that survived during the COVID-19 with minimal negative change was gas. Gas will help Nigeria out of its major challenge of electricity.”
He disclosed that the biggest challenge in Nigeria “is to take electricity to homes, industries and to use the resources we have to create that energy this country needs.”
According to him, Nigerians do not have electricity because of its inability to transmit it to those in need of it.
“Today for two reasons we are not getting electricity because the production is low and we are not able to transmit it to those who need it.
“That means there is bottle neck in transmission and distribution system,” he added.
The GMD noted that although Nigeria is known as an oil country it is more a gas nation than oil.
He, however, assured that NNPC would continue to work to ensure full gas development in the country for economic growth, NAN reports.
The lack of constant electricity is one of the problems affecting Nigerians today.
- Buhari Has Agreed To Address Reps Over Insecurity–Femi Gbajabiamila
- Let’s Surrender Ourselves To Youths Because They Own This Country, Ooni Admonishes As Ado Bayero Visits Ile-Ife
- We Are Still Committed To Prompt Payment Of Salaries, Says Osun Govt
- Xmas: Ankara Lanta Yardage Stores Begin Sales Of Fabrics, Bags, Purses At Affordable Prices In Ibadan
- Philanthropist Petitions IG Over Monarch’s Alleged Involvement In Destruction Of Perimeter Fence Of A Land In Ileogbo
Crime3 days ago
2 Osun High Court Staff Arraigned For Stealing
News3 days ago
Osun: Village Head Docked Over Alleged Impersonation
News2 days ago
Boko Haram Leader Gives Reason For Massacre Of Rice Farmers
News2 days ago
13-year Old Award Winning Saxophonist, Sodeinde Goes Blind, Parents Cry For Help