Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai, has accused the Nigerian Bar Association of embracing a “one-sided narrative” after the lawyers’ body bowed to pressure and withdrew his participation from its forthcoming Annual General Conference.
El-Rufai had been listed among speakers to take part in a panel discussion during the conference which is scheduled for August 26-29 but some lawyers opposed to his inclusion compelled the NBA to withdraw the invitation earlier extended to the governor.
“NBA platform or not, these worthy conversations must continue. He will continue to make his voice heard on the things our country needs to do for its progress,” Muyiwa Adekeye, Governor el-Rufai’s aide, said in a statement.
“While the decision about who speaks at its event is clearly the NBA’s, Mallam el-Rufai wishes to make clear that he did not seek the platform and is not agitated that he has one less speaking engagement.”
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News5 days ago
GAFDAN Demands Return Of Sarkin Fulani To Oyo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab