It was glaring that some All Progressives Congress Governors were not in support of the way Godwin Obaseki was booted out of APC. Many of them did not back Osagie- Ize Iyamu to vent their anger against the way one of them was treated badly.
You cannot play down the power of incumbency. This worked for Obaseki in this election. Apart from working averagely for the people of Edo, the power of incumbency really paved the way for him.
Adams Oshiomole was a minus for APC in this election. Many APC governors, who worked for his removal as the national Chairman of the party, also worked against him in this election.
The people of Edo really stood against APC.They put an end to godfatherism in Edo election. They were resolute in the determination to end the political career of Adams Oshiomole.
The decision of Governor Godwin Obaseki to join the PDP helped him to win the election. If he had joined another party, he wouldn’t have triumphed today. PDP is a strong party in Edo, moving to the party was a blessing in disguise for Obaseki
- Lekki Shooting: I Am Heartbroken, Buhari Must Address Nigerians Now – Atiku
- Hoodlums Set The Nation Newspaper Office On Fire
- Nigerian Baptist Convention Tell Youths What to do During the #EndSARS Protest
- Attack On OSBC: Osun NUJ Threatens To Order Its Members To Stay At Home, If Their Safety Could No Longer Guarantee
- EndSARS: Act Now Before It Is Too Late, Obasanjo Tells Buhari
News2 days ago
Hunters Take Charge, Storm EndSARS Protest Ground In Osogbo To Prevent Thugs’ Infiltration
News5 days ago
Updated: Tension In Osogbo As Thugs Attack Gov Oyetola While Addressing EndSARS Protesters, 2 Reportedly Died (Photos)
News3 days ago
Breaking: Protesters Break Benin Prisons, Free Inmates
News4 days ago
Osun: Obokun /Oriade PDP leaders Fault Sunday Bisi’s Appointment, Threaten To Support Adagunodo’ Legal Redress