Governor Godwin Obaseki has ordered a 24-hour curfew in Edo state until further notice.
The Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie, confirmed this in a statement released on Monday afternoon.
The curfew takes effect from 4 pm, October 19, 2020.
The statement read in part, “This decision has become necessary because of the very disturbing incidents of vandalism and attacks on private individuals and institutions by hoodlums in the guise of #ENDSARS protesters.
“While the government of Edo State respects the rights of its citizens to undertake legitimate protests, it cannot sit idly when hoodlums have taken laws into their hands to cause mayhem on innocent citizens and the state.
“By the directive, schools and businesses are to shut down activities accordingly. Those who cannot move safely are to stay put between now and 4 pm till calmness is restored.”
- NACETEM DG, Prof Ukwuoma Harps On Importance Of Strategic Communication In An Organization
- Osun APC Crisis: Anybody Rubbishing Aregbesola In Osun APC Is Wicked, Selfish – Lasun Yusuf
- Your Allegations Over 2018 Guber Election Misleading, Oyetola’s Aide, Bello Replies Lasun Yussuf
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
News5 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News5 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
Opinion5 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh
News4 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition