The Osun State Western Nigeria Security Network, Operation Amotekun has arrested another 10 Chinese, 1 Ghanaian, and three locals for illegal mining across the state.
According to The Nation, the expatriates were arrested on Tuesday at four illegal mining sites in Atakunmosa West local government area of the state.
The four illegal mining sites raided are; Itagunmodi, Igun and Ariye 1&2.
The operation was carried out by Amotekun corps in collaboration with the State Joint Task Force (JTF) and lasted for two hours at the four illegal mining sites.
The Director-General of Amotekun, Osun State, Comrade Amitolu Shittu, speaking with newsmen in Osogbo, said, the operation was part of the commitment of Governor Adegboyega Oyetola’s administration to rid the state of economic saboteurs.
“Those that were arrested are eleven expatriates, including 10 Chinese and 1 Ghanaian as well as three locals”
The DG commended the JTF comprising Nigerian Army, Air force, Navy, Police, DSS, NSCDC and Immigration for their cooperation with Amotekun corps to make the operation a success.
- Travel Ban: British ban Nigeria is discrimination, we will retaliate – Lai Mohammed
- N-Power Batch C-Steam 1 – Authority To Commence Unscheduled Visit To Osun
- 2023: ‘I won’t Disappoint You By Not Running’ — Gov Bello Assures Kebbi, Sokoto Stakeholders
- FG Hails Osun Govt On Giant Strides Towards Developing Mineral Potentials
- Direct Primary: “Don’t Encourage Third Term Agenda Ploy By Politicians” – INEC
News3 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
Hijab: Stealth Deislamisation Of Nursing Students Resurfaces In OAU Teaching Hospital