An explosion rocks a village in Katsina, Northwest Nigeria on Saturday with seven people reportedly killed.
The affected area is Yardagi village in Zango Local Government Area of Katsina State.
The Improvised Explosive Device was said to have been planted on a farmland near the community.
According to The Punch, the victims died on the spot.
It was reported that the victims went to get grasses for their animals at the farm when they reportedly stepped on the device.
Five other people were said to have sustained injuries and were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
The incident was confirmed by Spokesman for Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah.
He said the command would issue a statement on the incident later.
- Minor Goes Missing Over Tribal Marks In Osun
- Old Notes: House Committee Rejects CBN Extension, Threatens Emefiele’s Arrest
- Osun: How BVAS Exposed PDP’s Rigging Machine By Ismail Omipidan
- Breaking: CBN Bows To Pressure, Extends Naira Notes Swap Deadline
- Osun Tribunal Verdict: AGF Congratulates Oyetola, Asks Aggrieved PDP Members To Approach Appellate Court
News4 days ago
Again, Gunmen Kidnap Mother, Child In Osun
News4 days ago
Osun: APC Senatorial Candidate, Tadese Escapes Assassination As Political Thugs Allegedly Attack Supporters
News2 days ago
Senator Asks Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency On Security In Osun
Politics4 days ago
2023 Poll: I Married Igbo Lady, Vote For My Father, Tinubu’s Son Begs Anambra Electorate