A First Bank staff allegedly caught on CCTV stealing the sum of N18.9 million has been apprehended by the EFCC.
The Benin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested a staff of First Bank of Nigeria Plc for allegedly stealing N18.900 million.
According to the EFCC, the staff, identified as Philips Orumade, was reported by the Management of the Bank, after he was caught on CCTV.
Orumade, who was said to be in charge of ATM gallery keys at Aduwawa branch of the bank, on November 3, 2019 allegedly disappeared with the said amount and efforts to trace him proved abortive.
According to the bank, the suspect was captured by the CCTV footage walking into the ATM gallery before using a nylon bag to cover the CCTV.
The EFCC said: “The suspect has been on the run and was recently apprehended in Lagos.
“He has made useful statements and will soon be charged to court as soon as investigations are completed.”
- AbdulRazaq Swears In New Perm Secs, Harps On Prudence, Team Work
- Protest As 26-Year-Old Man Dies From Broken Bottles Mounted By Policeman In Ogun
- Just In: Ortom Escapes, As Wife, SSG, HoS, Hit By Coronavirus
- Police Arrest Ebonyi NUJ Chairman, Tony Nwizi
- Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years
Crime3 days ago
Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
News1 day ago
‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
South West News3 days ago
Court Orders dethronement Of Osun Monarch
News4 days ago
Osun SSG, Ten Others Test Positive For Covid-19