By Niyi Olutunde, Akure
It was a jubilation galore across the length and breath of Ondo State on Saturday as Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), named Engr. Gboye Adegbenro, former Commissioner for Works in the state as running mate to Agboola Ajayi, candidate of the ZLP in the forthcoming October 10 governorship election.
Political observers posited that it’s the best decision for ZLP ticket. Many observed that Adegbenro who is a fellow Engineer in Nigeria got the ticket on the platform of loyalty.
Recall that Mimiko took away the ZLP central senatorial ticket which was initially given to the noble Engineer in the last general election. Just as many expected Adegbenro should protest his principal’s decision instead, he took it with good faith and work for his boss.
While from some quarters said that the choice of Adegbenro will break Eyitayo Jegede’s jinx in Akure just as it’s believed Ifedore and Idanre are winning zones to ZLP.
Efforts to speak with Adegbenro on the development prove abortive as at press time just as his mobile phone switched off.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab
News4 days ago
Gunmen Kidnap Soldier, Teacher, Dental Therapist In Ibadan