The four staff unions at Lagos State University, Ojo have locked out their Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Olanrewaju Fagboun, and students as the university resumes today after the coronavirus break.
The unions involved in the protest are the Academic Staff Union of Universities, the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Non-Academic Staff Union, and the National Association of Academic Technologists.
At 7 am, members of the unions stood at the gate and prevented members of staff from gaining entry into the University.
They were protesting non-payment of the salary increment promised them by the Lagos State Government over a year ago.
They claimed that other Lagos State workers had received the increment but all the tertiary institutions in Lagos State were yet to be included.
Fagboun made attempts to appeal to the unions but they didn’t oblige him.
It was gathered that the protest by the unions is holding across tertiary institutions in Lagos State.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had asked final-year undergraduate students of Lagos State tertiary institutions to resume today, September 21, 2020.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab
News4 days ago
Gunmen Kidnap Soldier, Teacher, Dental Therapist In Ibadan