Leader of the legislative assembly in Bonny LGA of Rivers, Miriam Hart, is battling at a hospital to survive wounds sustained in an attack by gunmen.
She was among the victims of an armed gang that invaded a burial ceremony at Banigo Isile-Ogono community in Bonny Council Area of Rivers.
Witnesses said that the gunmen stormed the event a few minutes after the deceased, Kenneth Kalada Banigo was interred, shot sporadically and abducted several people.
Scores were injured.
Guests, including the Chairman of Bonny Local Government Council, David Irimagha and lawmaker representing Bonny Constituency in the Rivers State House of Assembly, Abinye Blessing Pepple, escaped.
Among the people abducted are Sunny Hart, Thomas Allison and Theophilus Ibiama.
A witness narrated the attack: “The lawmaker, local government chairman, together with other guests tried to get to the waterfront to board their boats and escape.
“The gunmen later abducted a number of persons and took them away into the nearby creeks. The matter has been reported to security agencies,”
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News3 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News4 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News5 days ago
GAFDAN Demands Return Of Sarkin Fulani To Oyo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab