The police in Niger State have said that 14 persons have been killed by gunmen at Ukuru Village under Mariga Local Government Area of the state.
Spokesperson for the state command, ASP Wasiu Abiodun, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Minna, the state capital, according to News Agency of Nigeria.
Abiodun said on August 12 at about 3:30pn, the command was informed that gunmen invaded Ukuru Village, opened fire on the natives and rustled several cattle in the process.
He said that at the end of the shooting, 14 people were confirmed dead while five others sustained various degrees of injury.
He said that the injured were receiving treatment at Mariga General Hospital.
Abiodun added that policemen and local vigilantes were on the trail of the hoodlums.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies