By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
The Osun State Government has approved the proposal for the creation of the Western Nigeria Security Network, Amotekun, in the state.
The approval for the region’s security outfit codenamed ‘Operation Amotekun’ was given at the emergency meeting of the state Executive Council held at the Executive Chamber of the Governor’s office, Abere.
The state governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Ismail Omipidan, who stated this in a statement he made available to CityMirrorNews, in Osogbo, said the approval was given during the emergency meeting held on Thursday .
He said “Osun State Executive Council had emergency meeting today to consider just one item and that was the Amotekun draft bill.
“Amotekun draft bill has been endorsed by the State Executive Council and the state Council sent it to the House of Assembly for further considerations.”
- COVID -19: SPAC Nation London Gives Palliatives To Youths
- Breaking: Another Two Coronavirus Patients Recover In Lagos, Discharged
- Lifeless Body Found In Osun River
- Coronavirus: NYC Distributes Sanitizers, Other Relief Items Across Nigeria
- Video: Funke Akindele, Husband Plead Guilty For Breaching Lockdown Rules
News3 days ago
Breaking: Osun Govt Confirms Missing Coronavirus ‘Patient’ From Isolation Centre
News5 days ago
Ooni Engages Oro Deities To Cleanse Nigeria Of Coronavirus
News4 days ago
COVID-19 Lockdown: LG Parliamentarian, Owoade Distributes Food, Cash Gifts To Constituents
News4 days ago
Breaking: Osun Govt Confirms Six New Cases Of Covid-19