President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed renowned diplomat and former Minister of External Affairs, Professor Ibrahim Gambari as his new Chief of Staff.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation Mr. Boss Mustapha announced the appointment before the commencement of the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.
Professor Gambari appointment comes after the death of the former Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, who died of coronavirus (COVID-19) complications on April 17, 2020.
Professor Gambari served as the Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985.
He held several leadership positions at the national and international levels and has built extensive contacts with governments, as well as public and private institutions, especially in Africa.
The 75-year-old diplomat was also the Chairman of the United Nations Special Committee Against Apartheid (1990-1994).
He later served as Under-Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Department of Political Affairs between 2005 and 2007.
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh