By Ayobami Agboola,Osogbo
The police in Osun state have dispersed some youths protesting against brutality and extortion by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Response Squad (SARS) .
The operatives of Anti-Robbery Response Squad stationed at Olaiya junction allegedly shoot sporadically in the air to disperse the protesting youths.
While dispersing them, the policemen seized their placards and allegedly arrested two of the protesters.
CityMirrorNews gathered that while some of the protesters who were on the motorcycles vanished immediately, two among the protesters who could not run away from the scene on time were arrested by the police.
The arrest of the the two protesters almost led to violence as other protesters stormed the base of the police where their APC vehicle was packed demanding for the release of their colleagues.
Seeing the large number of the angry protesters that besieged thier base with full force, the policemen bowed to pressure and immediately released the two arrested protesters.
The protesters are seeking the dissolution of the FSARS unit of the Nigeria Police Force.
They had earlier thronged popular Olaiya junction before they proceeded to Osun State Government Secretariat and State House of Assembly.
One of the protesters told CityMirrorNews, “They attacked us. They arrested two of us and we ensure we got them released
It was gathered that another batch of protesters had arrived at the venue of the protest.
During the protest, youths were seen carrying placards and chanting #EndSARS.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development