The South West Group of Online Publishers SWEGOP has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission, Security Agencies and other stakeholders to let the Saturday’s gubernatorial election reflect the will of the electorate in the state.
The media group also urged INEC to put in its best in ensuring the election is free fair and credible
The online publishers in a statement signed by its chairman Mr Olayinka Agboola and the Public Relations Officer said the process and outcome of election will determine what the future elections will look like in Nigeria.
“Obviously both local and international communities are anxious about the election, they are expecting an improvement on the Edo election and we believe it is achievable”
The association also urge political parties and other stakeholders to ensure peaceful conduct and do away with activities that will lead to violence during and after the election.
“As a giant of Africa, we should by now be at advanced stage of enviable politicking that promotes genuine democracy, economy as well as human capital development.”
On Nigeria at 60, the publishers insisted that part of what will change Nigeria is proper voting system that will enthrone quality leadership and good governance as well as promote the spirit of patriotism.
- NACETEM DG, Prof Ukwuoma Harps On Importance Of Strategic Communication In An Organization
- Osun APC Crisis: Anybody Rubbishing Aregbesola In Osun APC Is Wicked, Selfish – Lasun Yusuf
- Your Allegations Over 2018 Guber Election Misleading, Oyetola’s Aide, Bello Replies Lasun Yussuf
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh