Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu has been suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Magu is facing probe and allegation of fraud.
The EFCC boss is currently facing the presidential panel headed by Justice Ayo Salami to probe the various allegations leveled against him.
The panel grilled Magu for hours on Monday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja before he was taken into police custody.
Sources in the presidency, quoted by BBC Hausa Service and The Punch, confirmed Magu’s suspension by the president.
According top government source, it is commonsensical that when an investigation of this nature was ongoing, “you don’t allow the person being investigated to keep the keys of the office for which he is being investigated.
“This is because if he keeps the keys, there can be a kind of tampering with documents or evidence.”
The source added that it was not logical and that it was even undemocratic to allow such to happen.
As at the time of filing this report, the presidency was yet to issue an official report regarding Magu’s suspension.
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Passerby
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh