By Ogunrinde Abiodun, Ibadan
Oyo state governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde has recovered and tested negative for the second time for coronavirus.
This was made known in a tweet on his official twitter account on Sunday night.
The tweet reads: “I am deeply moved by your prayers and support throughout this period. I am
“This evening, I received my second negative test result for COVID-19. I especially thank Prof Temitope Alonge, who acted in my stead as Head
of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force”.
The governor also said that he will be resuming tomorrow (Monday) as the head of the task force in the state.
He said “I am also grateful to all members of the Task Force for their cooperation during this time. I will be resuming my responsibility as Head of the Task Force from tomorrow.”
Recalled that it had been earlier reported that Makinde tested positive for the virus. A development which made him proceed on self isolation and handed over the Oyo State Covid-19
Task force to Prof Temitope Alonge.
- Claim Of 10,000 Defectors To PDP, A Mirage, Says Kwara APC
- Just In: Osun Relaxes Covid-19 Lockdown For The Next 14 Days, Curfew Now 9pm To 5am
- Coronavirus: We ‘ve Done So Much To Flatten Curve Of Pandemic ~ Says Osun Govt
- Osun PDP Unifies As Major Ogunbiyi Stakeholders Join Adeleke
- RUGIPO Clears Air On Alleged High Handedness On Institution’s Governing Council Chair
News3 days ago
Breaking: President Buhari Appoints Tella As Osun REC
News4 days ago
Breaking: FG Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings
News4 days ago
Breaking: FG Reduces Petrol Pump Price To N121.50 Per Litre
News2 days ago
Osun NUJ Correspondents’ Chapel Chairman, Ajibola Appointed CPS To Deputy Governor