The lingering crisis rocking local government admnistration in Oyo state took a frightening dimension on Monday as one person was killed and several others injured
The friction was between the loyalists of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,in Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
An eyewitness told reporters that several dangerous weapons were displaying during the fracas.
It was gathered that the deceased simply idebtified as Alajase is a member of the PDP from surulere local government.
The sacked chairman of Ogbomoso North LG Hon Olamiju Alao Akala had early in the morning said that he was attacked by hoodlums believed to be supporters of PDP
while the caretaker chairman, Hon. Ibrahim Ajagbe alleged that Lamiju led armed thugs to disperse them away from the secretariat.
Ajagbe said 8 people that were injured by the suspected APC loyalist have been taken to hospital.
- NCPC Chairmanship: Faith Based Aids Awareness Initiative Congratulates Yakubu Pam
- COVID-19: NAPPS Begins Massive Fumigation of Private Schools Ahead Resumption in Ondo
- N1.2b Contraband Goods Seized By North Central Joint Border Operationsh
- Kwara Chief Of Staff Buried
- Impotent Man Arraigned In Court For Sexually Molesting 13-Year-Old Girl In Osun
News2 days ago
Osun LGA To Drag Council Chairman Before EFCC Over N18m Land Fund, I Did Not Sell Any Land, Alleged Chairman Says
News2 days ago
Breaking: Kwara State Chief Of Staff, Aminu Issa Logun Is Dead
News3 days ago
I Was A Member Of The Pyrates Confraternity In UNIBEN But I Did Not Pour Acid On A Student – Osagie Ize-Iyamu
Crime5 days ago
Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years