The lingering crisis rocking local government admnistration in Oyo state took a frightening dimension on Monday as one person was killed and several others injured
The friction was between the loyalists of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,in Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
An eyewitness told reporters that several dangerous weapons were displaying during the fracas.
It was gathered that the deceased simply idebtified as Alajase is a member of the PDP from surulere local government.
The sacked chairman of Ogbomoso North LG Hon Olamiju Alao Akala had early in the morning said that he was attacked by hoodlums believed to be supporters of PDP
while the caretaker chairman, Hon. Ibrahim Ajagbe alleged that Lamiju led armed thugs to disperse them away from the secretariat.
Ajagbe said 8 people that were injured by the suspected APC loyalist have been taken to hospital.
- Osun Community, Otan Ayegbaju Raises Team For COVID-19
- Makinde Recovers, Tests Negative For COVID-19 Twice
- Keep Praying, Adhere to Preventive Measures Against COVID-19, Baptist Youths Urged
- Breaking: Osun Discharges One Covid-19 Patient
- Nigerians Fume As Funke Akindele, Naira Marley, Badmus Throw Party Despite Coronavirus Pandemic
News5 days ago
Attempted Suicide: Woman Rescued After Jumping Into Osun River
News5 days ago
Essential Service Workers Stranded In Osun, As Lockdown Takes Effect
News4 days ago
Ooni Engages Oro Deities To Cleanse Nigeria Of Coronavirus
News3 days ago
COVID-19 Lockdown: LG Parliamentarian, Owoade Distributes Food, Cash Gifts To Constituents