An 18-year-old girl, identified as Bello Barakat, has been reportedly gang-raped and murdered by unknown men in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.
The year-one student of the Federal College of Animal Health and Production in Ibadan was murdered on Tuesday in Akinyele area of Ibadan, Oyo state.
It was gathered that her dad found her dead body around their home after her body was examined, they discovered that she was raped, then she got murdered.
It was gathered that she has been buried according to Islamic rites.
Her death has continued to attract outrage nationwide as Nigerians have taken to social media to express their displeasure over the rising cases of Rape in Nigeria with the hashtag #JusticeforBarakat.
This is coming days after Vera Omozuwa, a 100 level Microbiology student of the University of Benin, was assaulted inside a hall in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Ikpoba Hill, Benin City on May 13, where she went to study.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News2 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News2 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News1 day ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars