The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has engaged deities in Ile Ife, Osun State to cleanse the country from the coronavirus pandemic.
The Ooni, in a public announcement signed by Chief Oyalami Awoyode, charged residents of Ile-Ife to stay indoors throughout Thursday as masqueraders will be performing traditional rite to cleanse Nigeria from the pandemic.
He said the Oro deities would be moving around the entire Ife town to perform spiritual rites against spread of the virus.
Read Also: Coronavirus negatively impacting on entertainment, tourism sectors – Don
He warned residents to steer clear the streets as the deities must not to be seen by any human being.
He also explained that the rites would help in returning peace to the land and the country.
A resident of the Ile-Ife, Issac Abraham, when contacted confirmed that the Oro ritual has commenced in the town and restriction of movement commenced by 8 am and ends at 6 pm.
- Claim Of 10,000 Defectors To PDP, A Mirage, Says Kwara APC
- Just In: Osun Relaxes Covid-19 Lockdown For The Next 14 Days, Curfew Now 9pm To 5am
- Coronavirus: We ‘ve Done So Much To Flatten Curve Of Pandemic ~ Says Osun Govt
- Osun PDP Unifies As Major Ogunbiyi Stakeholders Join Adeleke
- RUGIPO Clears Air On Alleged High Handedness On Institution’s Governing Council Chair
News3 days ago
Breaking: President Buhari Appoints Tella As Osun REC
News4 days ago
Breaking: FG Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings
News4 days ago
Breaking: FG Reduces Petrol Pump Price To N121.50 Per Litre
News2 days ago
Osun NUJ Correspondents’ Chapel Chairman, Ajibola Appointed CPS To Deputy Governor