Having observed the trend in respect of COVID-19 and the possibility of its undeterminable spread, the Government of Ondo State has ordered the closure of its borders with the neighbouring states of Ekiti, Osun, Kogi, Edo and Elefon, our coastal border with Ogun which in the recent past, has witnessed heavy human traffic from Lagos and Ogun.
This order prohibits inter-state travels into the state and takes effect from 6.00 pm on Thursday, 2nd April, 2020. Security operatives as well as monitoring teams have been put on the alert to enforce this order as part of measures already taken to stem COVID-19 incursion into Ondo State.
To His Glory, Ondo State has remained one of the states in the country without a single confirmed case of COVID-19. This is an uncommon Grace Government and indeed, the people must not take for granted.
As a way of thanking God and seeking His face for this immeasurable Grace and continuous Favour, Government hereby declares a 3-day period of fasting and prayers commencing from Thursday, 2nd to Saturday, 4th April for Ondo State and the country at large.
Government therefore, urges the good people of Ondo State to use this period to stand firm in prayers and remain inexorable in His praise as mankind faces this pandemic.
May God sustain His Grace upon Ondo State.
Hon Commissioner for Information and Orientation
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form
- Just In: Kwara Gov Announces Minor Cabinet Reshuffle
- Just In: Plateau Chief Of Staff Tests Positive For COVID-19